Saturday, May 31, 2008

My Poppin' Pathway


Today I woke up to the beeping sound of a big truck backing up, so I quickly ran to my window expecting.... I'm not sure, maybe Santa??? No, it wasn't Santa afterall, but it was a big truck unloading a ton of tropical plants at my neighbor's house across the street. Well, I can't even drive by Lowe's or Home Depot this time of year without my car mysteriously ending up parked right in front of the garden center, so you can imagine my delight when I started seeing signs going up that looked remarkably like garage sale signs... and all these wonderful plants! Could it be? I could not get dressed and over there quickly enough. While John headed straight or the printer/copier/scanner (like we need another one of those) and the DVD player (like we need another one of those) and quickly scooped those up, I wandered around the plants in awe like a kid in a candy store. I finally decided on mother-in-law's tongue, a Janet Craig's dracenea, some other really fun indoor plant that I do not know the name of, and 3 bromeliads that looked like they needed my backyard as their home. Typically, when I buy new plants/flowers, I have to set them out on my patio for a couple of days to get a feel for where I think they may look best, and then, even after my punctilious pondering, I often end up digging them up and moving them. This time it took me about 10 minutes. I have this lovely little pathway that leads from the house to the back-back yard where my husband's home away from home and my vegetable garden live, and along that path, I had been noticing that it just didn't "pop" (for lack of a better word - even though if I never heard "pop" again after watching 1 too many episodes of anything on HGTV, it would be too soon). So, now my pathway "POPS"!

4 comments:

Jerez Sherry said...

Nice blog, and I'm happy to see John is exploring possibilities, he'll hit on just the right one, cause he is a risk taker. Garden looks pretty, and glad you decided to blog, maybe this way I'll get to see you from time to time. I didn't even know you had a blog.
Love you, Mom

Jerez Sherry said...

I highlighted your blog on mine, top right...

Rambling Woods said...

Beautiful yard and how much you love your husband which is so sweet. So many people are in unhappy marriages and make sure that everyone else knows it. Glad you found your special guy.....

Jerez Sherry said...

Are we going to see your poppin' pathway now that you have new plants?