Sunday, January 25, 2009

Whew!

I have been so busy with the holidays, with birthdays, with all the excitement surrounding the inauguration, which was such an amazing piece of history to be a part of. I wanted to be there so badly. Plus, I have been mosying around on Facebook, and I've been neglecting my blog. Thanksgiving and Christmas were a blur. Over the years, I have really begun to resent the way that holidays are so commercialized that there is an intense pressure to meet expectations. People just go so over the top anymore, and it is not an enjoyable experience. So this year I decided to make gift baskets for all of my family outside of my husband and kids. It was actually nice. John and I baked breads and made homemade peanut brittle. I found a wonderful recipe and learned how to make jalapeno peanut brittle, too. It turned out wonderful! We bought small candles and olive oil and little things to fill the baskets and managed to get them all shipped out in time.

So, I'm back to blogging, and hopefully I'll be better about posting. I do have this to say.... I am very, very thankful for Obama to finally be in office. The man is on task, and I'm excited to see what he's going to do. Nothing can happen overnight, I realize, and I also realize that it will take more than just him to get these things done, so I'm ready to start helping where I can. Let's see what we can do!!!

1 comment:

Jerez Sherry said...

There has always been a tendency for people to get out of control over holidays. Usually we see this when we have kids and demands are high, suddenly, it seems unbalanced and sure enough, it is, time to take stock, and show our children what is really important.

When we begin making things for people with our own hands, it further emphasizes the peaceful joy we are really needing to experience. A simplicity, and peace we often forget in challenging child bearing and raising years.

But what does a Mother know?? Mom...